Heard of the show Gilmore Girls? Love Gilmore Girls as much as I do? Being somewhat sick and mopey today I decided I would pop a dvd in and watch an episode. You see I have Season 1 on dvd thanks to my wonderful husband who went out and bought it for me recently after watching the entire season of reruns on tv and then pretty much bursting into tears when it finished!
Anyways I was thinking about why I love it so much. I love the idealic town it's set in. I love the relationship between Mom and Daughter. And I LOVE Luke. :-) But most of all I think I love the way the main character Loralei is. For those of you who don't know the show or what I am rambling on about lemme fill you in a lil. Loralei is confident in who she is. She rambles on and on about nonsense. She makes everyone (except her snobby parents) smile. She has a great perspective on life pretty much through the whole series.
Now you are probably going... what is she going on about? And truth be told - I really don't know where I'm going with this except I wanted to share. You see they way she is, the way she talks, her quick comebacks and her confidence... this is who I am in my head. But somewhere along the way I lost that in my outward being. Is that what happens when you gain weight?? When I met my husband I was bubbly, quick witted in a somewhat dumb blonde sort of way (I can say that. I'm blonde), confident and overtly happy inside and out. I gained weight and I think I retreated and all of that remained inside feeling kinda trapped.
I thought this would pass when I lost weight. After I lost 33kgs (70ish lbs) I was at my goal weight. Super happy inside. But the outward confidence did not return. I still felt like I was big and self conscious. Maybe that's why I let the 10kgs (20ish lbs) pile back on.
I think that's kinda why I love blogging so much so far. Those thoughts racing through my head, silly ramblings or dumb comments, I can post them here.
So after all today's rambling...
As I lose the weight again how do I make my mind, heart and body sync up?
xx
Thought I should note that it was me who nearly burst into tears when Gilmore Girls finished... not my husband!!! hehe
ReplyDeleteI have watched every episode of that show when it was on and totally get what you are saying and loved the show.
ReplyDeleteWe all change as we are married for a long time and as we get older. It is hard for me to accept that I am thin now after I lost 90lbs. Just know that we are never gonna be perfect and love yourself the way you are. I'm sure you look great :-)