Sunday, 22 April 2012

Hi all, how is everyone??  I'm feeling great today.  Even though my food got off to a shaky start on the weekend I have now recovered and am gaining energy and motivation!  The last time I posted I had a terrible day foodwise and decided to punish my butt with an hour of Cindy Crawford's workout dvd.  Whooo was I sore in the morning.  Amazing that exercise pushes you in so many right directions.  I felt better immediately, was energised and didn't want to stuff my face.  Gonna see if I can exercise every day - Day 1 Cindy 'tick'  Day 2 Zumba Live 'tick' Day 3 Zumba Sculpt & Tone 'tick' - if I can just keep it up I will feel so much better!

I haven't truly truly exercised since I had my son.  He turns 5 on Saturday!  That's bad isn't it??!!  I have been justifying myself in that I run around with him all day but that's not a true cardio and muscle workout.  The odd bit of Pilates has sprung up here and there but I never stick with anything for more than 2 weeks.  Hoping I can this time - like I said I feel sooo much better after just 3 workouts.  My belly looked visibly more toned this morning.  I have to do this.  Who's with me???  I know most of you are already doing Zumba, let's do it together!!  I'm keen to joing y'all. :-)

Side note:  anyone watching American Idol this year?  I was so suprised at this week's elimination!  Wasn't my favorite (I won't mention names here in case you've tivo'd it) but didn't expect said person to go home!!  Loving it this year - I think every contestant is strong and should get a record contract regardless.  Always wished I could sing.  Must be so empowering to have such talent.  I love it when you can see that it comes from deep within the soul - cue Phillip Phillips groovy feet and 'chicken dance.'  Anyway that was beside the point a lil but I was curious as to what those actually living in the States thought about the show.

Oh yeah and I wanted to share my current weight so that I can track my progress.  Decided that Saturdays will be my official weigh in day.  So this Saturday I was 72kgs (158.73lbs).  Last summer I was 61kgs (134lbs). I am about 5ft7. Would be stoked to get close to that weight again.

Ciao for now
xx 

9 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great - I know I feel better when I get some activity in my day - even if it's a walk. I just started walking in the mornings and just feel so much better. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - yeah I feel sooo much better. Kinda weird really, never thought it would make such a difference. Just gotta keep it up! Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  2. I admire you for exercising like that. I just can't ever motivate myself enough - I do love to walk bet 2-3 miles everyday though. So since you said KG's you must not live in the US?
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if only I can keep it up! Super motivated at the moment though!
      Yeah stupid kgs, I soooo prefer pounds - it's easier to see a drop in weight (and a gain I guess!). I am an American living in New Zealand. Been here since I was 10 years old. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Brittney, Found your blog via Minichick! Where are you from? The UK? I love to hear how dieters from other countries do the BFC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amber! I am originally from the States but have been in New Zealand since I was 10 years old. It's a little bit more of a challenge over here as you really have to search for breads and that which are low carb and low sugar. Also, often the fiber is already subtracted from the carb count so you have to add that back in when you can (if it's listed). So it's tricky! Thanks for saying hello! :-)

      Delete
  4. I somehow missed this post. I really don't like exercising and have never stuck with anything. I do have something in mind that I'm going to try that I think will work with my personality. I'll be posting about it soon.

    I have not consistently watched American Idol. I've only caught bits of it here and there. The only shows that I make sure to watch every episode are The Biggest Loser and Survivor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! I didn't think I liked exercising either - maybe I'm changing I dunno. If I can keep up the momentum I think I'll be ok. Look forward to seeing what your plan is on your blog. Loving the little community that we all seem to be.

      Ooohhh I like the The Biggest Loser too but it's one that I only watch here and there. Amazing to watch the progress and changes unfold so quickly. Never really got into Survivor but I know a lot that just loveeee it.

      Delete
  5. Exercise always makes (or breaks) my weight loss and body composition. I have been horrible this year - feel too busy. It's not good!

    ReplyDelete