I'm so excited to be here. It's amazing how great it feels to be able to share with like minded and such health centered people. I've been buzzing since my first blog entry and am so excited I think I could post a dozen times a day! Wouldn't you guys love that! Ha. I'm determined to keep it down to two - one for the sharing and caring stuff and another quick entry for my food journal.
Today I awoke at 5am to the sound of my lil man (turns 5 next week!) 'blahing' as he calls it in the hallway. Fever, chills and throwing up... boy i'm gonna be in for a long day I thought as I prepared to call in a sick day at work to be with him if need be. Bundled him back into bed for rest and two hours later he comes bouncing into our room "Mom do you think Mamoo (his grandma) will make me pancakes today??" Huge grin on face, no fever, and as mentioned bouncy as Tigger! So a strange morning so far but am relieved he seems to be a-ok.
Sunday night hubby and I watched an episode of one of our fav shows "Mike & Molly" and the whole reason I started the blog struck me. Mike stood up at the end of the episode after being caught out cheating on his diet and eating his and others secret 'munchie' stash! and said "Hi, I'm Mike and I am an overeater." I need this - the support, the encouragement and maybe a gentle "Gibbs slap" in the back of the head every once in a while so I keep my butt in gear. Noticed it working already last night. You see I posted my food journal before I'd even made dinner! So when 8pm rolled around and I was dying to eat eat eat I said NO - I did not want to have to post in the morning that I failed not only myself but you guys who already after 2 days are dishing out the great support! Thank you!
Calling my blog The Diary of a Food Addict was the first step. I am a food addict. I have lost a lot of weight but the addiction is not beat - I don't know that it ever will be. I am an emotional eater. I am a stress eater. I am a good times pigger outer. I am a sad times cry in the ice cream girl. I love to eat while watching tv. Have even sat on the exercycle with a bowl of chips!! Not my favorite moment. Enjoyment and comfort comes from food. I know that's wrong and that's why I am here. I may never 'beat' this addiction and desire but I can certainly control it. xx
No comments:
Post a Comment