Sunday, 15 April 2012

So I have decided in my quest for healthfulness with the added bonus of losing those pesky 10 kgs (20 lbs) that keep creeping back on I will try The Belly Fat Cure by Jorge Cruise.  Have you heard of it?  Have you tried it?  I'd love to hear your story.

Basically it's based on a principle called the 15/6.  This means no more than 15grams of sugar and 6 carb servings (up to 20g carbs in one serving) per day and preferably no more than 5/2 per meal.  You want your carbs to come by healthy whole grain carbs wherever possible - this ensures your body processes them properly and your insulin levels remain in check - also helps a great deal with getting to the recommended daily dose of 25 - 30grams of fiber a day.

I will check in every day with what I have eaten and how the weight loss is going.  I think I am really going to love this blogging thing - I can tell I do already.  So while I will post about the above I hope to 'chat' about other things too and get to know y'all while you get to know me. :-)

Among other things, I am having a chia seed affair at the moment.  Did you know that per Tbsp chia seed contain 5.5 grams of fiber!!  They are also a fantastic source of Omega 3 fats.  Often I struggle with getting the correct amount of fiber but these little beauties can be sprinkled on anything or if you are super keen like I am just mix them with water and let sit for 15mins until it turns to gel.  Then scoop and eat.  They have very little taste - add a nice crunch when used as a topper - turn to jelly goop when mixed with water.  Not everyone will enjoy them I'm sure but I find them a super easy way to get in my fiber.  Just make sure (as with any fiber supplement) you drink loads of water to get it working in the system.  Otherwise you may have the opposite of the desired effect...

Well that's it for me for now.  Gotta go check on the 4 year old... he's been awful quiet for the last few minutes....
 

5 comments:

  1. BFC is a great place to start and you'll get lots of support from everyone. I'll post your address on my blog so everyone knows you're here and can start following your blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome:) I started the BFC in March 2011 and I have lost and kept off most of 32 lbs. I am up 3 lbs right now, but for very OBVIOUS reasons to me! Rosalie says that we can never go back to the way we used to eat, she is 100% correct. Good and bad!
    Good luck and we are here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minichick - thanks so much! I really appreciate the support.

    Kay - congrads on the weight loss! Totally agree with Rosalie, don't know if you saw my profile but I have been an Atkins follower for 2 years (and lost 70ish lbs) but after a LOT of cheating (and gaining 20ish lbs) I feel I need a change. In saying that I truly believe low carb, low sugar, healthy fats and proteins is the way my body thrives no matter what I call the path (Atkins or BFC).

    Thanks girls for joining me on my journey and I'll be following you too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brittney I have been doing the BFC since the beginning of Feb 2012 down 16.5lbs and over 15inches all over! I really feel the difference cutting the sugar out of my diet...it feels great! The support here is wonderful and has help me through plus everyone has so many great ideas to share.

    ReplyDelete