Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Morning all!  Well it's official.  We are all sick.  Actually after all that hubby and I are the worst and lil man is hanging in just fine.  I guess I prefer it that way.  Nothing worse than having a miserable 4 year old to handle when you're not that great yourself.  Then again, he's having to handle a miserable 29 yr old Mom!  Poor guy - now I feel bad. hehe

Enough of that - I'm determined it's just going to be a day thing!  Chillax today then tommorow I'll be a-ok!  Thanks for the advice too - Minichick will definately have some ginger tea today and Rosalie I will up the food.  I suspected as much but didn't grab enough stuff to take to work and sure didn't want to head out and spend any $$.  My fault.  Will try to do better today.  Have been checking out the recipes in your blog - yummmm there are definately some things I need to try.

Spent the last two nights knitting.  I'm not sure what yet!  Being a 'food addict' as I like to call myself, I need to keep busy when I have so called 'chillax' time.  If my hands are not busy they go for food to make my mouth busy and my butt huge.  It's amazing how much time gets spent stuffing the ole gob.  I tried the knitting thing last year and really enjoyed it.  My problem is that I can find a hobby, get super enthused, spend money buying materials and after 2 weeks.....  I take a break for a couple of days and don't ever go back to it!!!  Due to this lovely problem I have plenty of wool from last year to start up again.  We are just going into winter here so I think I am going to make a knitted patchwork quilty thing.  Just gonna knit up all the bits I have in different sized squares and rectangles then put it together and see what happens!!  Could be interesting!  Will post pics as I go...

Here's what I made last year

And what happened when I got bored
Poor Teddy - notice he's not quite smiling yet....

Have a great day guys!  Looking forward to reading all about it! xx

 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you all get better quickly! Such cute animals. Maybe you could knit some really cute scarves to wear for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute animals, what a great idea. They say the protein in chicken soup is good when you are sick. If you make it yourself you can keep it low sodium, I have been adding quinoa to my soups lately instead of rice and pasta and we love it at my house. I hope you feel better quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy Katie. Am heading out shopping today will pick up some quinoa! Thanks for the advice. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you both feel better. I like to knit and crochet too, but knitting seems to take so long. Let us know how the blanket comes out.

    ReplyDelete